Holiday Vignette in 3 Easy Steps


I've never been one to indulge in excessive holiday decoration. I tend to like things simple and understated.  No garlands.  No tassels.  No fuss.  This also usually translates to easy clean up and storage after the season's over.  My Christmas decoration usually involves just a simple and super tiny tree, a wreath at the front door, and a vignette over our buffet table.  Today I'll share with you how easy it is to create that vignette, whether it be over a table, or fireplace mantel.


Step 1 - Hang a Wreath (Over the Mirror)

Hopefully you will have already decided on a colour scheme by now (if you need help, check out my post on Pick Colour Like A Pro.)  In my case, it's gold, silver, and frosty blue.  If you have trouble finding a wreath in the exact colour combination you're after, it's really simple to create one using a standard wreath, ribbons, and some glitter glue.  And that's exactly what I did!

Wreath, before and after the transformation.
Source:  wreath, Urban Barn; ribbons, blue glitter glues, blue glitter gravel, Dollarama

Step 2 - Jars of Shiny Balls

In this step all you have to do is fill up 2 jars with glitter balls of various sizes in the same colour combination as the wreath.  In my case, I simply switched out my every-day seashell display for the balls.
Jars, before and after.
Source:  balls, Dollarama


Step 3 - Flickering Candles

Candles always add a welcoming glow to any event.  For the holidays, I simply dress up my candle plate with some glitter gravel and you guessed it, more shiny balls!
Candles, before and after.
Source:  glitter balls & gravel,
 Dollarama
Holiday Vignette

It doesn't take much to transform an every-day vignette into a holiday vignette!
It cost me just under $50 and 2 hours to complete this project!